MRSSA has a current 2000ft height and 1000m radius approval from CASA and the location is shown on navigation charts.
To fly above 400ft we have to abide by set conditions from CASA.
- Flying only in daylights hours. No flight into cloud or fog.
- Flying must only be with the approval of the club.
- Pilots must be MRSSA members or bonafide visitors. There is a visitor's book at the field.
- Models are not to be operated beyond the limits of the approval.
- Operations above 400ft must occur with a nominated Safety Officer in place.
- Models must remain clear of manned aircraft at all times.
- All directions by the nominated Safety Officer are to be followed immediately.-
- No visitor pilot is to fly without a safety briefing from the safety officer.
- There are some no fly areas in the zone. Refer safety briefing.
- All pilots are responsible to inform the safety officer immediately if any aircraft approaches.
- Non-flying visitors are to remain behind the shelter as signed, until given a safety briefing.
- The entry gate must be kept closed. There is livestock on site at times.
Club members and flying visitors should be familiar with these documents at a minimum. Follow Link.
MOP001 Accident Reporting
MOP014 General Model Rules
MOP043 Emergency Policy
MOP056 Safe Flying Code
MRSSA Other Information